SA Trots -HRSA COVID 19 PROTOCOL
HRSA COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Harness Racing SA (HRSA), along with all South Australian country and metropolitan harness racing clubs, is today announcing the latest vaccination requirements for all participants in the Harness Racing industry.
This protocol has been developed following the introduction of the latest SA Health policies regarding venue entrance, sport participation and the Test, Trace, Isolate and Quarantine (TTIQ) model. This will apply to all industry participants aged 16 years and over, who intend to enter any Harness Racing venue throughout South Australia or be employed by HRSA (including volunteers and committee members).
This policy will be effectual from Wednesday 29th December 2021 and will require:
- Proof of vaccination status prior to entry to any Harness Racing venue in South Australia (1st approved dose by Monday 24th January 2022, 2nd approved dose by Monday 21st February 2022)
- Proof of vaccination status to be provided by all employees and registered volunteers within HRSA
- licensed participants (drivers, trainers and owners) will be required to provide proof of vaccination status to the Stewards 7 days prior to races, meets or training at public venues. This should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where there is a medical exemption, this will be required to be sighted and proof of a negative COVID test result provided prior to entry. This test must occur within 48 hours of the entrance requirements.
- The use of masks to provide additional safety measures will be utilised in accordance with the guidance from SA Health (current requirement indoors)
HRSA employees and registered volunteers are defined as:
- HRSA staff, stewards and management
- All licensed drivers, trainers and owners
- Contracted staff at club level (security, race-day track staff, farriers, photographers and race-callers)
- Club committee members
- HRSA Board and executives
- Track veterinarian and medical staff
These measures are in the interests of the safety and well-being of all South Australians and will be enforced at all Harness Racing venues.
HRSA requests the continued cooperation of all participants to protect our industry throughout the COVID pandemic.
HRSA Board Chair